Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Obstetrics and Gynecology department specializes in pregnancy and reproductive system of female body. An obstetrician specializes in pregnancy and child birth. A Gynecologist specializes in the overall health care of female reproductive organs including the ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, and vagina. At Greenview medical center we have experts team of specialists and experienced staffs in providing highest quality health care. Greenview medical centre is a multispecialty hospital with well equipped infrastructure and has an expert team of doctors and surgeons providing solutions to all health issues faced by women and provide complete care and support to stay fit and healthy.
Obstetrician takes care of pregnancy and child birth specializing in antenatal and postnatal care of the pregnant women and newborn. The obstetrician is well trained and skilled to handle all medical conditions and situations to safely deliver the baby and to take proper care of the mother and baby. They are trained to handle normal or C-section childbirth and to focus on the health condition of the mother and baby. Other complication during pregnancy period includes high-risk pregnancy, endometritis, placental abruption, uterine rupture, recurrent abortion management, ectopic pregnancy and so on. Obstetrician performs regular ultrasound scans and other tests to record the health condition of mother and baby.
Gynecology specialists focus on diagnosing and treating various abnormalities in ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix and vagina of the female reproductive system. Once the onset of puberty till menopause women require assistance to deal with various issues related to reproductive system. Gynecologist’s deals with condition including infection, menstrual problems, PCOD management, Urinary incontinence, Menopausal and Geriatric Gynecology, prolapse of the pelvic organ, infertility problems and contraception. If pregnancy is confirmed the patient is directed to Obstetrician for further care.
Procedures Performed in the Obstetrics Department
Few procedures performed in the Obstetrics departments include:
- External Cephalic Version– allows the baby to turn around in right direction for normal vaginal birth attempt.
- Cesarean – popularly known as C section is performed when normal child labor is feasible due to various reasons.
- Cervical Cerclage– process to strengthen the cervix to prevent miscarriage. This is accomplished by placing suture in the cervix to keep it closed.
Surgical Procedures Performed in the Gynecology Department
The main procedures conducted by the gynecologists to recover any problem or abnormality in reproductive organ include:
- Tubal ligation – a permanent birth control method
- Hysterectomy- removal of part or entire uterus
- Oophorectomy – removal of the ovaries
- Salpingectomy – removal of the fallopian tubes
- Cone biopsy -removing precancerous cells in the cervix
- Laparoscopy – minimal invasive surgery performed to diagnose and treat any abnormality in the reproductive organs.
At Greenview medical centre, we have a team of experts to help you treat and recover from all medical conditions associated with pregnancy and other problems related to reproductive organ. We have the best medical infrastructure and medical utilities to provide all round care and support to the patients. For any queries related to Obstetrics and Gynecology department contact us.